Sunday, November 8, 2015

Gone And Back......

Once again I find it necessary to consult our calendar to be reminded of our past week's activities. Life is so busy!

I last posted on Monday. 

Tuesday Thom drove to Lancaster, SC with our pastor to help load and relocate a rental truck's worth of furniture from his childhood home. It was a full day of hard labor and although time well spent he was worn our by his return in the evening. I had a MOPS steering meeting in the morning and an afternoon at the homeless shelter. My late afternoon and early night time hours were spent in the kitchen baking and decorating 2 birthday cakes for Brian and Emmy's celebrations.....they came out great!

Wednesday was a full day of clients for me and golf for Thom. It was mission night at church and the women had our WMU meeting. I was asked to do a presentation on Operation Christmas Child. It was a lot of fun.....I showed slides from our previous trips and detailed the purpose, program and process. I hope it will motivate some to prepare their own shoe box and reach a child for Christ.

 Thursday I headed to Gastonia where I remained till late last night. Janice and Steve were blessed with the opportunity to go on a retreat in Charleston and I stayed with Olivia and Brady for a few days. We visited my mother and attended Brian's football game on Thursday. Friday the Tarantinos joined us and we spent the day celebrating Emmy's 13th birthday with birthday chocolate muffins for breakfast, bowling ,a fancy lunch at Longhorn's Steakhouse and shopping for filling our own OCC shoe boxes. A special day. 

Brady's Saturday morning football game was rained out. Thom had come up late morning and we just lounged and played games for the early afternoon. Once again I picked up Brian and Emmy to head for the store only this time it was to shop for their mom's birthday. It doesn't often work that I can have time alone with them so I took full advantage of the opportunity. 

Stefanie prepared a yummy dinner for the entire family and their was a houseful of folks to sing happy birthday to both Emily and Brian. Cake and gifts followed. 

In separate vehicles Thom and I were on I85 to Lyman shortly after 8 p.m.. It was good to be home.

I taught my final Connections Class this morning and it appears that the participants plan to become members. I enjoyed doing it and I hope they enjoyed it as well. Some food shopping to fill the empty pantry and fridge, lots of laundry and chores, football then back for evening service. 

Will admit to being wiped out but in a happy kind of way.....so blessed......



No comments:

 

Hit Counter
Budget Car Rental