Saturday, October 5, 2013

Birthday Balloons......

The car was loaded at 8:30 a.m. and we were on our way to North Carolina. A brief stop at Stefanie's house and then on to my parents.

It took 3 hours to decorate and finish the food and trimmings for my dad's party. Stefanie delivered the cake and balloons but she and Thom were otherwise occupied installing a dishwasher in her kitchen. My mother and father needed that much time to get themselves together so I was pretty much on my own. I will say the house looked festive and the food array rivaled any restaurant buffet.... all ready for guests at 2 p.m..

Neighbors, friends and workers from the dialysis center joined us to celebrate and I'm sure he and my mom were pleased with the company and all the cards and well wishes.

By 4:30 the house was empty except for family and my dad went to bed exhausted. We all chipped in to clean and get things back to normal and within an hour Thom and I were headed home gratified that my father had enjoyed  the outpouring of love from all those who care for him.

Sacked out on the couch by 7:30 and wasted the remainder of the evening being totally unproductive.

Ready for bed before I raid the refrigerator for leftovers out of boredom....


No comments:

 

Hit Counter
Budget Car Rental